Here are all reasons why we should eat melon every day! Especially now when it’s season! It has incredible benefits for our body and health!
It is low in calories and it has a high concentration of water (90%) and the best of all: 100 gr melon has only 30 calories!
There is no doubt that is the best summer refreshment and a perfect replacement for sweets.
Why should we eat melon?
Consuming fruits and vegetables is related to lowering risks caused by bad nutritional habits.
Here are several benefits that melon offers:
- Studies show that if we actually consume melon on regular basis, we contribute to lowering the risk of obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases.
- Age-related macular degeneration– the antioxidant named “zeaksanin” protects the eyes.
- Asthma – high level of beta-carotene and vitamin C lower the risk of asthma appearance.
- Blood pressure– this vegetable contains fiber, potassium, vitamin C. These elements make better heart beating.
- Cancer – food rich in beta-carotene actually protect our body from cancer on prostate and colon.
- Digestion – high concentration of water and fiber helps in constipation prevention. This kind of food also improves the normal functioning of digestive system.
- Hydration – Because of the high concentration of water, this delicious fruit is the perfect solution for hydration of our organism. We contribute in skin hydration, especially during summer days. So when you feel like eating something sweet and refreshing, take few slices melon and enjoy in it!
- Skin and nails – High concentration of vitamin A has an influence on creation body cells (like skin and nails).
- Collagen – The high presence of vitamin C improves the creation and maintenance of collagen. This improves the skin and hair structure.
Who should be careful eating melon?
Persons who have a prescription of beta blockers should consume it with moderation. That is due to potassium presence. Beta blockers can increase the potassium level in the blood.
Persons who have problems with kidney should also pay attention to this. Too much potassium consumption can be harmful to their health.
How to choose a delicious melon?
When you go in the market, always make sure to choose hard, heavy and symmetric melon, without white spots.
Nowadays, you can easily buy almost every fruit in every season of the year.
However, the sweet taste and mellowness depend on the season. Before cutting the melon, you need to wash it gently to prevent the risk of salmonella transmission.
What is the best way to eat melon?
One of the best ways to enjoy eating it is to cut it into small slices. Then put them in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
Make season fruit salad in combination with pineapple, mango and then put little coconut flour on the top.
You can put small melon balls in a glass of water or lemonade. It will give a nice flavor.
Make your own original “Fruit Shish Kebab” with strawberries, melon, banana, pineapple and other fruit of your choice. Pour with melted dark chocolate or natural (Greek) yogurt.
Enjoy it the summer days with every possible combination.