This is the best mushroom risoto recipe you will ever make! Creamy, tasty, and gluten-free – simply unforgettable!
Mushroom Risoto Recipe
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup of water
4 teaspoons olive oil
1 +1/4 cups of fresh mushrooms
1/4 cup of chopped onion
6 tablespoons wild rice
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 (300 gr.) Sliced chicken breast
Non-stick cooking spray
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 thin lemon peel
Pepper and salt
- Put the broth and water in a small saucepan. Heat at high temperature until warm but not boiling. Reduce heat to low. Keep it warm.
Heat 3 teaspoons of butter in a saucepan over medium heat and add mushrooms and onions. Cook 4΄ until the vegetables are soft.
• Add wild rice and garlic and stir for 5΄ minutes, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low.
• Simmer, uncovered, 6-7΄ until the rice absorbs the liquid.
• Carefully add a cup of hot broth to scrape the brown pieces from the bottom of the pot. Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
• Add another 1/2 cup of the broth mixture. Cook and stir at 6 to 7΄ until the liquid is absorbed.
• Continue to add broth mixture, ½ cup at a time, and cook until all the liquid is absorbed, adding more and stirring often. (This will take a total of 25 to 30 minutes.)
• Mix the peas with the final addition of the broth.
Meanwhile, cover a large non-stick pan with cooking spray over medium heat. Add the chicken. Cook for about 6΄ until the chicken is golden brown, turning up and down. Cut the chicken into 1.5 cm thick slices.
• When the rice is fully cooked but slightly firm, remove from the heat. Mix the remaining 1 teaspoon of butter, parmesan, and thyme.
Sprinkle with lemon peel.
You may also like: 9 Rice Varieties & How To Cook Them Right