Sure you know that olive oil has moisturizing properties, but do you know how to use it to have the desired effect on your hair?
Olive oil is the protagonist of the Mediterranean diet and the main ingredient of healthy nutrition. Since ancient times our ancestors had realized its value. In fact, Homer had described olive oil as “liquid gold”, while Hippocrates had recognized its healing properties.
However, olive oil has a lot to offer in our hair too.
It is considered the conditioner of the Mediterranean nature and is a guaranteed effective treatment for dehydrated, damaged hair that frizzes.
How olive oil benefits our hair
Olive oil is an excellent emollient and moisturizing ingredient, which will help restore the shine to our hair. The lipids and vitamin E it contains nourish the hair and smooth the hair follicle.
When applied to the ends of the hair, it prevents shearing. It is a rich source of antioxidants that enhances the health of the scalp, fighting dry skin.
Improves hair elasticity, reduces frizz, and prevent issues such as hair breakage and weak ends
In the past, it was a medicine for the treatment of alopecia or hair loss
How We Can Use It for Hair Treatment
- We can mix it with other oils (eg castor oil, coconut oil) or moisturizing ingredients (eg avocado, banana).
- We comb our hair and We divide them into sections.
- We put a few drops of olive oil on our palms and spread it on each tuft, starting from the edges and working upwards.
- We insist on problematic damaged areas and we apply more if needed.
- We wrap our head with a towel and we heat the area with a hairdryer.
- Let the olive oil act for at least 2 minutes or more (we can even sleep like that).
- When washing our hair, we apply first the shampoo to dry hair and if necessary, add a little water to create a lather. Never pour the water first on hair with olive oil because this will make it difficult to remove the oil.
- We wash our hair very well for about 5 minutes and rinse.
- After the “second-hand”, apply a little conditioner on the edges for extra hydration.
You May Also Like: Lose Weight Fast – Lose 18 Pounds in 15 Days