Easy, tasty, and healthy, this banana bread recipe is great for using up overripe bananas! I love it, my 6 years old daughter loves it and you will love it too!
Banana Bread Recipe
- 3 bananas very ripe
- 2 eggs large
- 220 gr self rising flour
- 125 gr butter melted
- 150 gr brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 180o C (356 F)
- Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar together on high speed, about 2 minutes, until smooth.
- On medium speed, add the eggs one at a time, beating well .
- Beat in the mashed bananas on medium speed until combined.
- With the mixer running on low speed, slowly beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix until combine but don;t overmix.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 55 minutes. Insert a knife to make sure it is done. If it comes out clean the banana bread is ready. Remove from the oven.
- Let it cool completly and turn out. Dust with cocoa powder or some caster sugar ( optional)