Easy to make, rich and creamy with intense chocolate flavor. This is the best homemade hot chocolate! The ideal beverage for cold winter nights!
Prep. time: 5′
- 2 cups almond milk or cow milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder (unsweetened, good quality)
- 50 gr dark chocolate (chopped)
- some cocoa powder and dark chocolate for dusting
- Heat the milk and the sugar in a saucepan over medium heat
- You don’t want the milk to boil. When you see bubbles on the side pour half of the milk into a mug
- Add the cocoa powder to the remaining milk in the saucepan and heat (while whisking continuously) until the cocoa powder has completely incorporated.
- Remove the cocoa milk from the heat and add the chopped dark chocolate. Stir until it melts.
- Add the rest of the milk. Stir until is completely combined.
- Heat the mixture little more if needed.
- Serve and top with cocoa and chocolate powder
- Enjoy the best homemade hot chocolate!
Tip: You can add cinnamon or spices like ginger and chilly! Unique taste!