7 tips to lose weight – If you want to lose your body fat then the energy (calories) you receive from food must be lower than the energy you need to perform the basic functions and move.
To achieve this, you should either reduce the calories you consume or increase your physical activity, maintaining a steady energy intake, or at best a combination of food control and exercise.
7 Tips to Lose Weight
1. First set realistic goals! Do not expect to lose 10 pounds in a month. A satisfactory loss is around 2 – 5 kg per month, although this is relevant and depends on each body.
2. Try to reduce portions of food. In recent years, the portions have grown a lot, as a result of which we consume more food. Use the classic dishes, as the “modern” dishes have a larger diameter, as a result of which they need a larger amount of food to look full.
3. Limit constant snacking, because that way you lose control of the amount you consume. Try to make regular and small meals, every 3 hours, to prevent your hunger. Also, ideally, you should eat 3 main meals and 2 snacks. Of course, the snack should not exceed 150 calories. Good choices include fruits and vegetables, low-fat yogurt and milk, and unsalted nuts.
4. Try to have fiber-rich foods, such as fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, in at least 3 main meals, ie accompany lunch and dinner with salad and include whole-grain cereals without sugar or oats or some fruit. In addition, fiber brings satiety faster.
5. Make sure you consume adequate amounts of lean protein, as this helps maintain muscle mass. So make sure that at least 3 main meals contain protein foods. Good sources of lean protein are poultry, fish and seafood, lean dairy products, and legumes.
6. Limit the consumption of alcohol, soft drinks with sugar, fruit juices, fruit drinks as well as coffees with a lot of sugar or syrups or whipped cream.
7. A key factor that contributes to weight loss is an increase in physical activity. Find an activity that you enjoy, such as swimming, and make sure you include it in your schedule at least 3-4 times a week.