You don’t need any special equipment. Follow my instructions below and enjoy fresh and delicious homemade sushi at no time.
Homemade Salmon Avocado Sushi
- 200 gr rice for risotto
- 450 ml water
- 40 gr mirin
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
For the Sushi
- 1 salmon filet
- 1 avocado
- 1 seaweed, nori
- soy sauce
- wasabi paste
- 1) Place a pot full of water over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Fill a large bowl with cold water and place a strainer in it. Add the rice and wash well for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the water, rice vinegar, mirin, and sugar. Mix with a spoon.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place over the pot of boiling water (bain-marie)
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the bain-marie. Take the plastic wrap off. Mix with a spoon and set aside until it is completely cool.
For the Salmon Avocado Sushi
- Lay a sheet of nori seaweed on the sushi mat. Use your hands to cover the whole surface of the nori with a layer of rice, leaving 1 cm border on each side so that it can be rolled.
- Cut the salmon piece into 0.5 cm strips. Add over the rice.
- Remove avocado’s skin and cut it into 0.5 cm strips. Add the avocado strips over the salmon.
- Roll your sushi with the help of the sushi mat.
- Add some soy sauce to the edge of the nori so that it can stick together. Cut off the edges, and then cut the sushi into 6 even-sized pieces
- 1) Serve with soy sauce, wasabi paste, and ginger