You only need 3 ingredients to make this delicious homemade blueberry jam: blueberries, sugar, and lemon. There’s no need for pectin. The use of juice and zest of a lemon contributes natural pectin.This homemade blueberry jam recipe is easy and flavorful.
I have tested this jam formula for a variety of berries like blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries and it works perfectly!
Just fruit, sugar and lemon and you have the easiest jam recipe you will ever need.
My preference is a whole fruit jam, however, if you prefer a smoother jam you can crash blueberries with a potato masher
Serves: 4 half-pint jars
- 5 cups of fresh blueberries
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- In a large stainless steel pot or in a deep skillet combine blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and zest.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat
- Press some blueberries (just enough to release some of their juices )
- Skim off any foam with a metal spoon
- Continue to boil, stirring frequently, for 20-25 minutes or until thick
- Remove from heat and ladle jam into hot canning jars (leaving 1/4” head space)
- Always can jam using safe canning method, otherwise, you can keep the jam in the refrigerator for about 2 months.